Most people who wear hair replacement systems may experience itchiness in the scalp at one point or the other. They start to think the problem lies in the hair system whereas that’s not the case.
In this article we will cover most of the causes of an itchy hair system with the remedies for each cause.
Movement of your hair system
It’s possible that your hair replacement system might shift at some point. However, this movement by itself does not cause any itching. But if you rub your scalp forcefully, your hair system will keep shifting throughout the day, which can make it feel itchy.
The use of hard bond glue is another major reason why your scalp can feel itchy as when your natural hair starts growing, it merges with the hair in the patch that leads to itchiness.
Remedies for a shifting hair system:
- You can add clips to your hair system. This will ensure a stronger hold.
- If your hair system is bonded with a hard bond adhesive, you could try switching to tape as it will prevent irritation under the hair system.
Not shaving your natural hair.
Any hair replacement expert will always recommend you shave your scalp before you attach the hair system. This creates a smooth surface for the attachment. However, if you shave without using a foam or gel, you could be prone to razor burns that could lead to irritation.
Remedies for itchiness caused by shaving:
- Use an antibacterial soap daily to clean the infected area. Use a fresh towel each time.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of table salt in 2 cups of water and pour the mixture on a hand towel and place it on the scalp for 20 minutes. Then rinse with lukewarm water. This can be done once a week to soothe the area from itchiness.
- You could also use over-the-counter gels or creams that can provide relief.
When we wear a hair patch the scalp tends to sweat more than usual and especially if we live in a hot climate. A sweaty scalp leads to greasy hair that gives off a bad odor and red bumps on the head.
Another reason could be if you don’t’ shower after a workout, the sweat on the scalp mixes with the hair on the patch and causes irritation. For hygiene reasons, it’s important to wash your scalp daily.
Remedies for itchiness caused by sweating:
Make sure to wash your scalp regularly with a medicated shampoo every 2 days.
Mix a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with warm water and massage it onto your scalp. Wash with lukewarm water post 30 minutes. Do this twice a week.
People who have dry scalps or skin problems such as psoriasis, seborrhea or eczema, face skin irritation problems. Seborrhea causes redness, itching and flaking of the scalp. In psoriasis, the immune system causes the skin cells to grow too quickly, whereas in eczema, the skin becomes flaky and itchy. Scalp issues develop when you use products with too many chemicals.
Remedies for itchiness due to dry skin:
- Massage a small amount of coconut oil onto the scalp for 10 minutes before washing your hair.
- Apply a small amount of aloe vera gel for 10 minutes before washing it with warm water. This will help soothe the itchiness due to dry skin.
Some other reasons for scalp irritation for hair system wearers are:
- Using poor quality hair systems.
- Allergic reactions caused due to adhesives.
- Using products with too many chemicals.
We hope this article helps you to overcome hair system itchiness. Make sure you always choose the best quality hair replacement systems, designed using the most premium quality materials.
If you have any more queries, call or WhatsApp on +91 9222666111.