Deep Conditioning Tips For Your Hair System
Shampooing and heat styling frequently can leave your hair replacement system feeling dry and brittle if proper care is not taken. Hence it’s essential to deep condition the hair systems at least once or twice a month so that the moisture is retained.
Important facts about deep conditioning
In general, heat and hot water should be avoided for your hair systems. However, heat is also an important factor in deep conditioning and serves a purpose. When heat is used as hot water or steam it opens the hair cuticles, which causes the moisture and nutrients to escape. However, when doing a deep conditioning treatment for your hair replacement system, we saturate the open cuticles with conditioner, followed by a cold rinse, which seals the hair cuticles. This leaves the hair shaft soft, smooth and shiny.
In the deep conditioning method we have suggested below, we avoid using hot water directly on the hair system. We also advise all our clients to use sulfate free conditioner to give you the best results.
Supplies you need for deep conditioning
Your hair system
Sulfate fee shampoo
Sulfate free conditioner
One large zip- lock bag
Wide- tooth comb
Steps to follow during deep conditioning
1. Shampoo the hair system: Comb the hair system so it’s free of any tangles. Use a sulfate free shampoo, and wash with cool water. Make sure all the hair is flowing in the same direction.
2. Condition the hair system: Use a sulfate free deep conditioner enough to coat the hair and distribute it evenly with the wide- tooth comb. Always make sure the conditioner doesn’t touch the base of your hair system as this will prevent your tape or liquid adhesive to stick properly.
3. Put the hair system in a zip- lock bag: Turn the base inside out and place it in a large zip- lock bag and seal it.
4. Let the bag float: Fill the sink with steaming hot water. Place the sealed bag in the hot water and leave it to float for at least 25 minutes. Even if you leave it for longer, its fine, as the hair system is inside the bag and no damage can be done to it.
5. Rinse the hair system: After ample time has passed, you can remove the hair system and rinse it with cold water. For a full lace base, let the underside face upwards towards the tap.
6. Let your hair system dry: Towel dry your hair system, apply some leave- in conditioner and leave the hair system to air dry.
An alternative method for deep conditioning hair systems that are not severely damaged is: You can shampoo your hair system normally, rinse your hair, apply deep conditioner to the hair and not to the base and leave it for about 15 minutes, followed by a cold water rinse.
We hope you find these steps simple and easy to follow. Incase you have any queries, feel free to call or WhatsApp on +91 9222666111. Our executives will be more than happy to help you.