A hair transplant is a surgical procedure that involves removal of hair from one part of the scalp and fixing it to the area of hair loss. For the procedure to be carried out effectively one also needs enough of their own hair at the back so that it can be transplanted. So those who have an insufficient donor area, a hair transplant cannot be possible. The surgery generally takes several hours and is done under an anesthesia.
Pros of Hair Transplant
1) Hairline looks natural
2) No maintenance required
Cons of Hair Transplant
1) Expensive in cost
2) The results take minimum of 6 to 8 months to show
3) Results are not guaranteed
4) Procedure is painful
5) It can never give you the density you desire
6) The hair in the area where the transplant is not done, continues to fall
7) The surgery could cause bleeding, or infections and in some cases has caused death.
Hair systems are also known as hairpieces or toupees. The method of using a hair system is a non surgical procedure and an instant solution for those suffering hair loss. The best part about hair systems is that you can get any cut, colour or texture that you desire. These hairpieces are not to be confused with hair wigs as they are extremely natural looking and the finest materials are used to construct them.
Pros of Hair System
1) Results are instant
2) Absolutely painless, non -surgical procedure
3) Lower cost compared to a hair transplant
4) Perfect if you don't have a donor hair area
5) You get the density you desire
Cons of Hair System
1) Monthly maintenance is required
2) One needs to keep up with new hair trends